21 October 2011

Tax time

I've been a bit quiet over the last few days because I've been finalising my tax return.   In fact, I did most of it (using "e-tax") some weeks  back, but put it aside while I checked a couple of points.  Needless to say, this resulted in a mental block, meaning that I found every possible excuse not to some back to it!   However, with the end of October looming, I have now forced myself to finish the task and finally to press the "submit" button.
E-tax can be "challenging" at times, and has a few quirks, but having used it for a couple of years now, I think I've got the main principles sorted out.   But there's always room to improve.  This year I noticed that  there was a specific question dealing with a particular item that I'd included under a more general heading last year.   Hope the ATO is tolerant if they pick me up on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment