14 January 2012

Garden hose

I was given a new hose reel and hose at Christmas.  The hose reel had to be assembled, which as usual was something of a challenge.  However, we got there.    The bits are on the left, the assembled product is on the right.
The instructions that came with the hose were interesting.    It was said that, before putting it on the reel, it ought to be laid out flat in the sun for a day or so, on the basis that - "This will help release the 'memory' retained by the materials to make [the] hose", and thus make it easier to manage and reduce kinks.   Hmmm, I did this, but the jury is still out as to whether this has been effective to "de-kink" it.

No comments:

Post a Comment