25 June 2012

And so ... home

Well, it was a long trip home, but basically uneventful.    I could perhaps do an Air France vs Qantas comparison.  There again, perhaps not.
We arrived on time, and are most grateful to Ang and Kev who picked us up at 7 am on a Sunday morning.   Many thanks.
We're pretty jet-lagged, so it will be interesting to see how long it takes to get over this.
The biggest problem of the whole trip arose when I attempted to turn the home computers on.  The router was totally dead.   Off to Dick Smith to buy a new one, but to date the installation program keeps telling me that it will only accept the "default" password.   Needless to say, there's no indication of what this might be, so the installation is still work in progress.  I postponed the task, and went into the office.   Guess what?  Metro's trains were in melt-down.  Does nothing change?   However, for once, I happened to be in the right place at the right time, and along came a train going in the direction I wanted to go, even if crowded.
There are a couple more postings on Istanbul to come, which are waiting for me to sort out the photos.
EDIT:  Router now configured, but it had to be done manually.  For some reason, the "wizard" wouldn't work.    I lost track of how long this took......

No comments:

Post a Comment