17 December 2011

Rain Gardens

On 19 November, I commented on some innovative drainage arrangements in our area.   I'm indebted to Amy for the information that these are called "Rain Gardens".
I said in my previous post that I thought these were working quite well, and I thought that the images supported this.   However, in its wisdom, the Stonnington council apparently took a different view.  Perhaps they thought that the drains were prone to be blocked by the loose surface material.   Anyway, the two rain gardens near us have now been rebuilt!    Let's not ask how much ratepayer money was devoted to this project!   The images below are of the work in progress (over a period of a couple of days)  and the final (for now?) result.


 Final result (the reddish material is a layer of stones)

No comments:

Post a Comment