05 December 2011

Tasmania

We're off later today on the ferry to Tasmania.   Although we've been on the Spirit of Tasmania before, previously we've travelled on daylight crossings.  Although these were more than satisfactory - and good value - daylight crossings only operate between Christmas and Easter.    So this time, we're going overnight.  We'll let you know how it all works out.
I'm taking my netbook, but roaming coverage in Tasmania is often said to be not good and Vodafone who I use generally have the least coverage.  That said, in their defence, I've found that their availability has met my needs in the past, in various of capital cities, the Blue Mountains, the Surf Coast and the Sunshine Coast.  On top of that, their prepaid plan is pretty good value, too.    We'll see how we go in Tassie!

No comments:

Post a Comment